A downloadable game for Windows
TAXINAUT IS AN OPEN-WORLD SCI-FI EXPLORATION GAME WHERE YOU PLAY AS A TAXI-DRIVER IN SPACE.
IN DEVELOPMENT / EARLY-ACCESS
Explore an open galaxy as a lonely TAXINAUT carrying fares across alien worlds. Descent onto planets and fly over alien cities and landscapes. Land at bars, diners, garages and many other common and exotic locations. Interact with the locals to ask for directions or learn about the many esoteric and often clandestine aspects of the Kyprei-41 galaxy. Experience a large variety of items and effects like food, equipment, weapons, damages, repairs, injuries, diseases, cures, mental states, permits, quests, memberships, etc.
TAXINAUT has been in development for over 3 years and it is always expanding. The aim is to never require players to start a new game to access new content.
AT THE MOMENT TAXINAUT IS LACKING MUCH OF IT'S PLANNED CONTENT. YOU CAN RUN FARES, THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT WORLDS TO SEE AND MOST MECHANICS ARE IN PLACE BUT THERE IS LITTLE STORY PAST THE INTRODUCTION AND FINDING SPECIAL PLACES AND ITEMS IS MOSTLY A MATTER OF BEING LUCKY.
MY HOPE IS YOU WILL BE WILLING TO SUPPORT TAXINAUT NONETHELESS. I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT JUST FLYING FARES AND SEEING NEW PLANETS IS ALREADY QUITE RELAXING & ENTERTAINING.
The plan with TAXINAUT is as follows:
V0.7 - $5.99* Current version. Seems stable to me but issues are to be expected. Content is much lacking. There's a chance you will have to start a new game to play new content or versions.
V0.8 - $7.99* Stable and from this version on you should never have to start a new game. Content will still be lacking.
V0.9 - $9.99* Stable and although some content is still not there everything should be working to be able to play through a "main story-line".
V1.0 - $12.99* Stable and with enough content for at least 20 hours.
Buying any version of course gives you access to all future versions. After V1.0 I plan to continue developing content & features. Everything will of course depend on whether I will be able to generate enough income from TAXINAUT. I plan to work on it for at least a year and hope to manage at least V0.9 within a year. Regardless of sales, I will do my best to deliver at least V1.0. Of course if I have to find other sources of income then progression to V1.0 will be significantly slower.
* If you buy TAXINAUT from the EU then the quoted prices do not include sales tax. There's no feasible way for me to make this inclusive with ITCH.IO at the moment. My apologies for this.
The following is a list of features that are all already fully available in the game as of version V0.7
- Over 100,000 star-systems each with on average 3 planets you can descent to and fly over their surface.
- Descent and ascent seamlessly to and from planets.
- Traffic-control and stations with startports and customs.
- Suitably annoying traffic, especially on busy planets.
- Fly into other traffic and interact with the occupants.
- Planetary expressway and grid-based traffic for faster traversal.
- Planets with special weather.
- Galaxy-wide day and night cycle which affects prices and what's out there.
- Everything costs or pays a galactic currency called VUDU which is also your lifeblood: when you run out, you die.
- Store some of your VUDU at a bank for safe keeping or take out a loan; lose your home when you don't repay your loan in time.
- Sleep at motels to create a checkpoint and/or avoid the night or day time.
- Special harder to find locations that have special benefits (e.g. they sell better warp-cores).
- Simply quit when you want and continue where you left off next time.
- When you die you respawn at your last resting place but with only 1 point of VUDU and most of the injuries and damage you took.
- Buy a home where you can create regular save-games that you can load at any time for a full recovery of your progress just like in most other games.
- Planetary underground dungeon systems.
- Order items remotely from your home from most discovered traders and have them delivered at your door the next morning.
- Faction based law-system with different rules, permits, tickets and warrants for different factions.
- Variety of methods for interstellar-travel: Use warp-cores or teleporters or book passage on transporters or intergalactic-liners.
- Laid back pure mouse-controls for PC lovers: Mouse in one hand, beverage in the other.
- Buy information from people, charm them, hit them, kill them, etc.
- Extensive galaxy-map with filter to find back discovered sites and job opportunities.
- See a map of any planet you've visited an the places you've discovered there.
- Difficulty rating, icons and indicators on potential fares tell you what you need to know about the trip ahead (if that information is available).
- Some fares are meter based with an array of possible surcharges, others are simply fixed-price.
- Passengers can give tips when happy but get increasingly upset if you take too long; they can run without paying, attack or rob you.
TUTORIALS & MANUAL
- Windows 10
- Above average multi-core processor (probably at least an 3GHz i5).
- 6GB of RAM (At least 2GB RAM must be available to the application which often isn't the case on a 4GB Windows system).
- A display capable of 1920x1080 at 32bit.
- Probably something like a GTX-1050 or better.
- Mouse with left- & right-button and scroll-wheel. (an actual separate mouse, not a touch-pad like on a laptop. Although a touch-pad would work it will be very awkward). A keyboard is needed to enter your character's name.
- Gamepads and joysticks are NOT supported (as in: There's nothing in TAXINAUT to make that work).
TAXINAUT HAS IT'S OWN EULA.
TAXINAUT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING TO ACCOMMODATE CHILDREN BUT IF YOU'RE OK/ALLOWED TO WATCH SOUTH PARK THEN YOU SHOULD BE MORE THAN OK WITH TAXINAUT.
IF YOU ORDER FROM THE EU THEN THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE VAT (SALES TAX). THERE'S NO FEASIBLE WAY FOR ME TO DO THIS WITH ITCH.IO AT THE MOMENT. THE AMOUNT IS DIFFERENT PER COUNTRY BUT AT THE CURRENT PRICE OF $5.99 WILL BE SOMEWHERE AROUND 1.00 - 2.00 EURO. MY APOLOGIES FOR THIS.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: